The 2004/05 New Zealand Road Race Championships are set to kick off, with round one at Ruapuna Raceway, just outside Christchurch on December 4/5.
Motorcycle Trader & News will again sponsor the Championships, in conjunction with Suzuki New Zealand and SsangYong New Zealand.
The Championship will be over four rounds, for the six classes:
- Superbikes, 600 Sports Production, 125cc G P, 250 G P, Formula Three, Sidecars:
- Ruapuna Raceway, Christchurch, Dec 4/5
- Teretonga Raceway, Invercargill, Dec 11/12
- Manfield Park, Fielding, Feb 26/27
- Pukekohe Raceway, Auckland, Mar 5/6
- With the Superbikes and 600 Sports Production moving on to the John Britten Memorial on Mar 19/20 for a fifth and final round.
This season the classes are all well supported, especially the Superbike Class. Top riders are all training hard, in fact Superbike Champion Andrew Stroud was recently seen at the final round of the SsangYong Motocross Championship competing in the support class.
- Source fromwww.sportsweb.co.nz(Dec 6, 2004) -